A majestic overlook of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Does not get any prettier than this.
Transylvania County, known as Land of the Waterfalls
Transylvania County offers over 250+ waterfalls throughout the county.
Welcome to Transylvania County
The Land of Waterfalls in Brevard, North Carolina. Brevard is home to more than 250 waterfalls and is surrounded by the Pisgah National Forest, Dupont State Recreational Forest, Gorges State Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. A River Runs Through It . . .well, two actually! The French Broad River and Davidson River flow through Transylvania County. Locals and visitors alike enjoy fly fishing, tubing, canoeing, kayaking and exploring swimming holes.
What a beautiful place to shoot your next production!
Red Carpet Event for the movie The Evil Inside Her.
“The Evil Inside Her” stars Eric Roberts and was shot in Brevard and Rosman, NC by SuttleFilm. Actor Eric Roberts is a Golden Globe and Academy Award Nominee with more than 400 credits, including Raggedy Man (1981), The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984), National Security (2003), The Dark Knight (2008), and Inherent Vice (2014). “I live for playing bad guys,” Eric states, “But I don’t play my characters as bad guys because they don’t see themselves like that. If they have to do something wrong, it’s because they have an important reason to do it.” “The Evil Inside Her” will be available for rent and purchase this summer on all major digital platforms including Amazon, TubiTV, ITunes, Comcast, Googleplay, Xfinity, Sony Playstation Store, Microsoft Store and other platforms throughout North America. To learn more go to Theevilinsideher.com
Brevard is home to
- 250+ Waterfalls
- Brevard Music Center
- The Porter Center for Performing Arts
- Brevard is an ART Hub with 20 downtown Art galleries, 19+ Award Winning Sculptures, 9 Murals and the Scenic 276 South Potters Row
- The Allison Deaver House – It is the oldest known standing frame house west of the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina
- Cradle of Forestry Historic Site – 1st forestry school in America 1896-1906
- White Squirrels & The White Squirrel Festival
- The Steep Canyon Rangers & Steve Martin
- Fly Lady
- OP Taylor’s Toy Store – Coolest Toy Store on the Planet!
- Brevard College – Three Time National Mountain Bike Champions
- Pisgah National Forest, Dupont State Recreational Forest, Gorges State Park, & the Blue Ridge Parkway
- The French Broad River and Davidson River
Brevard is located
- 32 miles from Asheville, NC
- 20 miles from Hendersonville, NC
- 48 miles from Greenville, SC
- 54 miles from Waynesville, NC
- 130 miles from Charlotte, NC
- 177 miles from Atlanta, GA
- 360 miles from Wilmington, NC
- 272 miles from Charleston, SC
A 2019 film award granted to Tammy Hopkins, executive director of the Transylvania County Arts Council, provides fertile soil to grow an old script - "Cucumber" – into a locally shot movie this fall. "I've wanted to make 'Cucumber' for years," Hopkins said. "We were...read more
SuttleFilm will host a movie screening for their feature film “The Evil Inside Her” at the Fine Arts Theatre in downtown Asheville, NC on Thursday, June 13 from 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm. Eric Roberts along with other actors and crew from the production will be on hand for a...read more