Welcome to Transylvania County
The Land of Waterfalls in Brevard, North Carolina. Brevard is home to more than 250 waterfalls and is surrounded by the Pisgah National Forest, Dupont State Recreational Forest, Gorges State Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. A River Runs Through It . . .well, two actually! The French Broad River and Davidson River flow through Transylvania County. Locals and visitors alike enjoy fly fishing, tubing, canoeing, kayaking and exploring swimming holes.
What a beautiful place to shoot your next production!
BREVARD, N.C. (WLOS) — Western North Carolina is once again the setting for a feature movie in production — this time in Brevard.Crews are in town filming scenes for an upcoming movie featuring actor Eric Roberts, brother of actress Julia Roberts.Managers said Brevard is the setting they were looking for and the residents make the experience even more special.
Brevard is home to
- 250+ Waterfalls
- Brevard Music Center
- The Porter Center for Performing Arts
- Brevard is an ART Hub with 20 downtown Art galleries, 19+ Award Winning Sculptures, 9 Murals and the Scenic 276 South Potters Row
- The Allison Deaver House – It is the oldest known standing frame house west of the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina
- Cradle of Forestry Historic Site – 1st forestry school in America 1896-1906
- White Squirrels & The White Squirrel Festival
- The Steep Canyon Rangers & Steve Martin
- Fly Lady
- OP Taylor’s Toy Store – Coolest Toy Store on the Planet!
- Brevard College – Three Time National Mountain Bike Champions
- Pisgah National Forest, Dupont State Recreational Forest, Gorges State Park, & the Blue Ridge Parkway
- The French Broad River and Davidson River
Brevard is located
- 32 miles from Asheville, NC
- 20 miles from Hendersonville, NC
- 48 miles from Greenville, SC
- 54 miles from Waynesville, NC
- 130 miles from Charlotte, NC
- 177 miles from Atlanta, GA
- 360 miles from Wilmington, NC
- 272 miles from Charleston, SC
Photo Credit: Camille Maren Photography FilmBrevardNC Crew: Tamara Hopkins, Edwin Dennis, Camille Maren, Evan Schmidt Hoisting of Two State Flags Demonstrates Museum’s New Focus By Michel Robertson Last Saturday and Sunday, observant passersby in downtown Brevard...read more
Brevard, NC . . .The feature film THE GOOD THINGS DEVILS DO starring Kane Hodder, Linnea Quigley and Bill Oberest, Jr has been shooting for in downtown Brevard, NC since mid January. On Sunday, February 3rd the production company SuttleFilm led by James Suttles took...read more