Casting Call for Short Film in Brevard
A short film called “Enter the Zoot Suit Riot”, A Nu Paradigm Production, a film by Fesiuk Films, is holding an audition for local talent! An upcoming short film musical about the infamous 1943 L.A. riots is being shot in Brevard at the end of September. They are currently looking for one supporting role, and a few dancers and extras to be involved in their upcoming shoot. They invite you to join them in telling a compelling story of a terrible race war and those that went against the grain for the sake of good and brotherly love. Proving, while hate can be raging all around us, love and goodness prevails. Check out their promotional film, shot here in Brevard as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fDjdLEPLuc
Auditions will be held on Sunday, September 10 at the TC Arts Council located at 349 S. Caldwell Street in Brevard. Audition times for the main Supporting Role of the Mother will be from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Auditions for the extras and dancers will be from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. This is a non-union – non-pay gig.
Main Supporting Role (Playing the Protagonist’s Mother “Tota”):
- Age: 58-65
- Ethnicity: *Mexican / Hispanic
- Bilingual preferred
- Cold reading dialogue audition with starring character
Jazz Club Dance Scene Extras:
- Ages: 18-45
- Ethnicities: Mexican / Hispanic, Caucasian, African-American
- Swing Dancing (must have a partner)
- Tap Dancing
- Music will be provided
- Will be asked to improv your dance.
Jazz Club Characters/Street Scene/Riot Street Scene Extras:
- Street Scene: All Ages
- Club Scene: Ages 18-40
- Ethnicities: African-American, Hispanic / Mexican, Caucasian
- Males: Clean cut preferred (no full beards). This rule is strict for all Caucasian males since they will they will be playing military servicemen and women.
To learn more about the project or the director Otto (Aquaboogy) Vazquez with Nu Paradigm Entertainment LLC, visit their website at www.therebirthofkool.com. For more information on auditions or filming in Brevard, NC (FilmBrevardNC.com) contact Tammy Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-884-2787.